Getting To Know Child Custody Legal Forms
In the United States, there have been thousands of child custody cases. Most are cases which come along with the divorce of the parents of the child in question. There are also cases where relatives or some close friends of the parent’s questions their ability to take care of the well-being of the child in question.
Now, the most common cases of child custody case involving other person than the parents are when the parents are both dead, both absent or away, imprisoned or are unfit to take care of the child. The latter is usually due to psychological disorder or financial matters.
Whether you are a parent, a relative or a friend filing for child custody, it is always a must that you get proper child custody legal forms. You know, many legal experts believe that if you are to accomplish these legal forms properly, the chances of getting positive results in a court decision is high. Why? This is because a completely filled and properly recorded legal form is considered as a binding and valid paper at court.
Types of Child Custody Legal Forms
In getting your child custody legal forms, it is important that you know what type of this form you should get. Along with properly filling up this document, getting the appropriate form is vital in your child custody case. Here are some of the types of this legal forms and what they look like;
• Custody of Child Form
– this form is mostly used when the parent is under age and don’t have the capacity of taking care of the child yet. Mostly, the parent agrees that the custody remains with the grandparents until the parent comes of age. In this form, the grandparents will allow the parent to have access to the child. But, the parent shall not influence the child to leave the custody of the grandparents.
• Shared Child Custody Agreement Form
– this form is used when the parents of the child is on the process of getting divorce or are separating. In this form, both the parents agree to have shared custody for their child. Thus, the form includes schedules when the child will remain at the custody of each parent. Financial supports are also stipulated in this form.
• Child Custody and Maintenance Form
– this form is usually use when the custody and care of the child is being awarded to the wife with the consent of the husband. The husband thereto pledge financial support until the child comes of age. The sum is not included in a divorce settlement.
• General Form
– this form is most commonly used wherein the custody of the child is solely on the wife and the husband promises not to interfere. But, husband is obliged to pay the wife a specific sum as financial support for the child until of age. However, even if the wife is awarded sole custody of the child, she is not allowed to move in excess of a certain miles predetermined in the form unless with the husband’s consent.
These are just some of the forms you can get. But, you are advised to still seek for legal advice regarding the kind of child custody legal forms you need.
Child Custody Legal Forms Online
If you want access to hundreds of free legal forms for child custody, the World Wide Web is where you should go. There are now lots of websites offering free downloads of different legal forms including those for child custody. Just be sure to check the legality of such legal forms in the state where you live.